Friday, March 8, 2013

Trying Minors As Adults.

                 Trying  Minors  As  Adults. 
                          Is  it  ethical  to  charge  minors  
                        as  adults  if  their  charge  is  violent?


           Title: Trying Youth as Adults Fact Sheet. 

http://www.act4jj.org/media/factsheets/factsheet_20.pdf

     
        I believe that the Fairness and Justice system is used for this passage. I believe this because everyone should get what they deserve, even if that means your 15 going into an adult prison. So yes I believe it is ethical to charge minors as an adult as long as their charge is violent enough to be tried as an adult. If a 10 year old continuesly steals candy till his 15 I do not believe it is ethical to charge him as an adult. Now if a 10 year old continuesly gets into fights till 15 and there extremly violent fights then yes it is ethical to charge him as an adult.
                         


http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/14/justice/california-neo-nazi-leader-death/index.html

      Title: Judge: California boy murdered neo-Nazi dad, knew it was wrong.

        I believe that common good, fairness and justice is used for this passage. I believe this because he wouldn't have killed his father if he was not abusive and a neo-nazi. I believe it is ethical to chagre this 10 year old as an adult because he killed his father knowing what he was doing. I believe that this could have possibly been pre meditated murder giving he kmew where the guns were and when to shoot him. This could have just been simple murder but i do believe that it was pre meditated. I think that he should get what a adult would get.


   I believe that trying minors as an adult is handled fairly well in todays legal system because if your a minor and making adult decisons their taking action. Their getting the same consequences as an adult would.



                         




       

No comments:

Post a Comment